Thursday, January 15, 2009

Announcing Edit Me: a teeny weeny CMS plugin for Rails

I've been working for awhile on Rails plugin that makes it easy for users to edit their own content. I started it to scratch an itch I've had for a long time. The problem I have with most CMS systems is that they want run your whole site. Sometimes this is ok, but a lot of times you have a rails app where you have pieces of it that it would be nice to to let your client edit for example. For those cases, the edit_me plugin is your friend.

The idea is pretty simple: when in editing mode, edit_me gives you an edit icon next to the content produced by rhtml and html.erb files (you can configure which files you want to be editable). Click the edit icon and up pops an editor (using wymeditor). Save your changes and the page reloads with your changes. Edit me assumes you're using git (why wouldn't you?) and lets your roll back your changes in the History tab of the editor.

To check it out, head on over to http://github.com/superchris/edit_me/tree/master and follow the instructions in the README.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful post. We've experienced every one of these highs and lows associated Buy rs goldwith partnering me personally. From the proper situation, My partner and i thoroughly imagine coupling is the best way to go, nevertheless I've truly also believed the stress of having to be able to couple gets hotter was not correct (for any of the good reasons an individual stated) thus it Cheapest Diablo 3 goldneeds to be adopted sense of balance.

Unknown said...

My brother recommended I may like this blog. He was once totally right. This submit actually made my day. You can not believe just how a lot time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

http://www.piedmontreal-estate.org |

www.sportscarrentalworld.org |

virtualofficesforsmallbusiness.com |

http://www.android-forensics-expert.com |

http://www.matthewsawyer.co.uk |

www.bransontravelguides.com |

www.polefitnesstudio.com |

computer-forensic-examiners.com |

stadiumcreative.co.uk |

electraradio |